NATURAL GLUTEN-FREE "BROWN" TEFF FLOUR - 1.5 #
Teff is a grass originating from Ethiopia (ours is grown in the USA), used to make injera, a sourdough flatbread. Teff packs a punch when it comes to nutrition! A super food that gives you an excellent combination of benefits. High in iron and ours is gluten-free! It potentially helps with a myriad of healthful benefits. Teff is known to reduce PMS symptoms and also helps in losing weight. For vegetarians, it is high in protein.
1. High Nutritional Value: High in protein and a combination of 8 essential amino acids needed for the body's growth & repair. High in calcium, manganese, phosphorous, iron, copper, aluminum, barium, thiamin and vitamin C. The iron in teff is easily absorbed and is recommended for people with low blood iron levels.
2. Gluten-Free: As mentioned teff is gluten-free, thus allowing those with gluten sensitivities to take advantage of this powerhouse grain.
3. Manage your Blood Sugar: Diabetics take note! You might want to consider adding teff to your diet to help control blood sugar levels. Teff contains approximately 20-40% resistant starches and has a relatively low glycemic index.
4. Great for the digestive system: The fiber in this tiny little grain can help in regulating bowel movements and keep you feeling fuller longer.
5. Low in Sodium: Teff is great for those looking to lower their blood pressure and maintain a heart healthy diet.
6. Low in Fat: This grain is naturally low in saturated fat.
7. A Versatile Grain: Teff can be eaten as a whole grain (cooked), steamed, boiled or baked. Add to baked products as well.
1 .5 lbs
Product of USA
Nutritional Information: Serving size 1/4 Cup (50g), Calories 180, Calories from fat 10, Total Fat 1g, Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 5mg, Carbs 37g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 0g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A - 0%, Vitamin C - 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15.8%.